Health coaching for charities and support groups
You work in a charity or run a support group, have heard of health coaching and its benefits and want to learn more. Including how it could be offered as a service to your service users/members to help them manage the impact of their or a loved one’s illness, long-term condition or injury.
But this may be the first time your charity or support group is exploring this and you may have questions such as: what is the evidence for health coaching, how do I pitch this idea in my organisation, where do I find the coaches, how do I determine if the coach is good, how do I launch and run a scheme, what is best practice, how much will it cost, can it be done cost effectively, etc, etc.
Answering your questions about health coaching for charities
As an accredited coach, having set up a health coaching scheme for a charity, organised and managed coaching/mentoring schemes in the corporate world, led a charity and been a trustee, I can answer your questions. I am also intimately familiar with the impact of serious illness/injury and long-term conditions on individuals and their families, and my work in the coaching and charity worlds has focused on empowering this population to live well with and beyond it.
Working together, I can help you create a health coaching scheme for your charity/support group. And if needed, I could run the scheme for you. At an effective rate.
Examples of my work include
- Established and manage a coaching bursary scheme for the Transverse Myelitis Society – 2014 to present
- Provide support during meetings of a bladder and bowel support group – 2018 to present
- Presentation on the value of health coaching for charities’ members/beneficiaries at the National Voices Member Conference, March 2018
- Presentation on how health coaching can support people to self-manage at the NHS East of England Learn & Share event – September 2016
- Webinar on supporting people returning to work after a serious illness/injury, November 2015
- Presentation on health coaching to National Voices members as part of the Wellbeing Our Way initiative – August 2015
- Research on the impact of coaching on the wellbeing of people living with long-term neurological conditions. Presented this research as a poster at the British Psychological Society’s Coaching Psychology Conference, December 2013.
- Various presentations on mental health whilst living with the impact of Transverse Myelitis at Transverse Myelitis Society’s conferences – 2018, 2016, 2015, 2011
- Presentation on taking control delivered at the 2011 conference
To find out how I could support your charity with introducing health coaching, get in touch by completing the contact form below or sending me an email at email@example.com or use the contact form below and we can set up a mutually convenient time to talk. I look forward to hearing from you.
Health coaching helped me manage my residual symptoms better, the seasonal adjustments, and medication. I started to view myself and my condition differently. It encouraged me to consider where I wanted to be and how I could get there. It enabled me to take back control.
Take part in research
Have you experienced the onset of a serious health issue and talk about acceptance in relation to it?
If you are happy to share your experience, I’m researching what acceptance means to people like you.
If you are interested in learning more and getting your questions answered, complete the contact form and I’ll respond to set up a mutually convenient time to talk.